Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Thursday, May 30, 2013

SURPRISE!

I have company from Texas, so sleeping arrangements have included leaving the animals where they usually are so it's familiar, and my friends have the bedroom and I have the sofa ( very comfy).

The first morning after sleeping on the sofa, Power 
Where did they go?



awakened me with his usual "Squeak!"  I blindly got up and opened the door, the dogs rushed out and at the foot of my steps were TWO SKUNKS! (SURPRISE)!

The two dogs did not chase them ( BIG SURPRISE) and the skunks peacefully left the fenced yard (BIGGER SURPRISE).  

I was in shock at the fact that we didn't get sprayed!

That was the BEST SURPRISE!!!!

With me in charge, no worries!






12 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I'm glad it was the best combination of possible surprises! We had a friend whose Greyhound got skunked at Dewey one year and one of our dogs that I had as a kid did, too. It is NOT PLEASANT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what the most effective treatment for the skunk smell is.

      Delete
  2. So glad you didn't get sprayed. Luckily we don't have Skunks here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO SKUNKS! Where is this garden of Eden!

      Delete
  3. My recommendation...don't buy any lottery tickets for awhile. I think you may have used up your "lucky" for a little bit. This is hilarious and very fortunate. This is a very good surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about the luck being used up for now!

      Delete
  4. Yikes! I'm glad we don't have skunks here, Beryl would probably treat them like she does hedgehogs, grab them and shake them. Maybe she would only do it once though? Although getting spikes in her face doesn't stop her with the hedgehogs, silly girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Beryllium, would you like to come play with SKUNKS?

      Delete
    3. I meant Beryl but the autospeller autospellermesses it up. Sorry!

      Delete
  5. You got lucky. LOL Can you imagine the smell with two dogs? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.