Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Birding

Spring migration is so exciting, because the next time one looks up a surprise might be in one's sight.
Scott's Oriole


This lovely oriole was drinking from my water bowl this afternoon!  He had also tried to punch a hole in my hummingbird feeder so that he could get some of the sugar water.
My feeder on the window of my living room, had guests today .

Black -throated Sparrow

These beautiful sparrows had a good time eating the feed from the feeder.
I'd been seeing them in the bushes in the park, but nowhere near a feeder.  
I was really surprised by their interest in a feeder.










5 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying all the lovely bird photos from my bird-watching friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of the birds. We don't get Orioles here, but do have Sparrows, but not like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos - I haven't seen a Scott's Oriole yet. He's really pretty. Don't you love those close, clear shots? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! My cat was sitting on the window shelf and I had to keep pushing her to one side so I could get the picture!

      Delete
  4. Hi Hazel,

    Yes, chicken backs have bones in them when I feed to the dogs. You don't want to just feed raw meat because then you end up feeding a lot of phosphorus and you mess up the calcium to phosphorus ratio. So you want to feed raw meaty bones that the dogs can crunch up and eat entirely. Plus the bones are awesome for teeth!

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.