Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

No more bandages!

Today,  two weeks after the neck injury, Fleur went to the vet and got her stitches removed.  I had them put a muzzle on her because she is a fear nipper.  Not a biter, just nipper.  However I didn't want the vet personnel to remember her with a sore spot on their hand.

Fleur wearing muzzle and getting stitches out.
I think she tried to be brave but her cowardly side showed up twice when the stitch was stuck to the skin and didn't pull loose easily.  She whimpered a bit, and flipped her head to the side to try to get the hand of the "painmaker".  The skin seems to have grown to itself well, and Now I am supposed to keep some triple antibiotic ointment on it so that it stayed moist and doesn't itch too bad!

I'm also getting itchy to get her neck well enough so that she can wear the fabulous collar I made her!

Fleur and I both than everyone for your sympathetic comments and kind words!

13 comments:

  1. Poor baby. I'm glad she is healing so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, thank you for your concern. I believe she is healing well!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Hazel! That is so much worse than I thought it was. I thought the tear was going down her neck, not across it. It's so much longer than I was thinking. Makes me want to cry just looking at her. Poor Fleur. :(

    I'm glad you were happy with the way it's healing, though. I hope she will be able to leave it alone and let it heal completely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it heals up quickly. I'm sure Fleur is looking forward to wearing her new collar very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the one who is anxious for Fleur to wear her new collar!

      Delete
  4. Oh, my goodness! That is quite a wound. How scary it must have been. So glad Fleur is healing well. Get better soon, Fleur!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fleur, Sure hope that all heals up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear she's on the mend, it won't be long now before she's out on the town on her new collar.

    Mac and Maisie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch, that was quite a rip! Poor Fleur. It might be a while before she's comfortable wearing a collar. I hope she doesn't mind having the ointment rubbed on her neck?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a huge cut. How'd it happen. I heard that greyhounds have thin skin. I have been thinking of getting one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beverly,
      thanks for your concern. A dog got her on the neck and did that damage! They do have thin skin, and when they heal extra attention needs to be given to let the skin heal well before the stitches out. Hope you do get a greyhound, to us owners we think they're the best for us.

      Delete
  9. What a big boo boo. :( Looks like she is healing nicely though. I hope it continues to heal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.