Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Day.......

Today, I drove an hour to the nearest Chevrolet dealer, and got lots of needed maintenance done on my old Tahoe.  I arrived at 8 am, and didn't leave till 5 pm!  I took the greys with me because I knew it would be a long day and they wouldn't be able to get outside if I left them behind!

This is Navajo reservation, and the Chevy dealership is in the "capital" of the Indian world, because there are Zunis just to the south, Hopi's to the northwest, and Lagunas and Acoma to the east.  The major part of the area here is Navajo, however.

Most of the employees of the dealership are Navajo, and most of the rest are Hispanic, almost no whites!  These fine folks worked on my car all day long, from changing oil and filter, rotating tires, fixing two electric windows, changing transmission fluid and filters, etc.  The bill was $722!


The waiting rooms there are very nice, and we made use of two of them.  The first one was carpeted, so the dogs were nice and warm lying on the floor!  The first one had very upright chairs with no padding and no arms, however!  The second waiting room was in a building with very shiny marble floors everywhere, and Power decided that he was terrified of the floor.  We had to walk about a hundred yards on this floor to get to the nice comfy chairs.  The shiny floor was very cold for the dogs so I put my jacket down for one dog and invited the other into a nice chair!  Power could not bring itself to get into the chair, so he took the jacket, and Fleur took the chair!  Fleur acted like the chair was made for her!  Power was happy with the jacket!  We stayed there for about two hours and I actually napped for ago u an hour, with my head on my hand leaning to the right arm of the chair!  After the nap, I took the dogs outside for the second walk of the long day and we enjoyed being
outside, but the entire area is asphalt, not a bush or gravel or grass for the dogs to pee on!  We walked a good ways and never saw a natural surface for the dogs, but the finally peed on the asphalt!




They laid down on the carpeted floor in the first waiting room, and enjoyed eating a bit of lunch, greeting ny visitors who came in, and napped some.  Most of the people coming in were Navajo, and they had never seen a greyhound, and also had some very interesting life stories to share with me!


As you can see from my photos, I took my quilt and worked on it some!

9 comments:

  1. Unfortunately those kinds of days are necessary, but they sure can be long and expensive. Once everything is done, though, it feels so good to drive away knowing everything is fixed, checked, etc. Power is so funny - I always find it interesting the things that scare our dogs. I'll bet a lot of people have never seen a Greyhound in person - they are beautiful dogs that we usually see in photos or on TV, but not in our local dealership! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The long day was worth it, but seeing Power terrified of the shiny floor was even more memorable!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an interesting day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, i was practically an invalid the day after the long day at the dealership! I am over it mostly now, and dreading going back for the headlamp!

      Delete
  3. We spent 11 hours in a RV repair shop recently. I really hate those days. It sounds like yours was quite interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was very interesting, except for the pain from my back and hips in those chairs!

      Delete
  4. That sounds like something I'd prefer to skip, truth be told! I'm glad you got it done so cheaply, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a bargain for as many hours as they worked on the vehicle! Nice quilt. At first I thought it was the chair cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment on the quilt!

      I am amazed by how many people think that my $722.00 bill was a bargain! I wonder if all of you would tell me how much you paid!

      Delete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.