Welcome to Barbara Dewell, my very first member on the blog! She has a great blog called Me and my Dog http://dewelldesigns.blogspot.com/ .
She has encouraged me to blog and helped me learn the process, so thanks,Barbara!
Welcome also to Patty Erdman. Patty has loved and lost a greyhound as well.
Thanks Patty for sharing with us.
I am really excited about the possibility of getting another greyhound, and have been going through my dog supplies to make sure I have what I need.
- I purchased a 20 lb bag of dog food
- retrieved the dog dish Val used and made sure it was clean
- got out Val's red fleece winter coat and washed it
- located Val's Thunder shirt and washed it
- hung Val's leash on door handle in case I need it.
- placed fur brush in handy location
- reminder to go to atm for cash in case adopters won't take check
- Dog bed... got out dog bed cover and located blankets and other padding to stuff the cover. The new baby needs to be comfortable!
- print out and fill in the application for adoption
- Supply of heartworm prevention and flea and tick prevention on hand
- doggy toothbrush on hand
- dog toys ( purchased thru www.Aid4greys.com)Durable toys and collars and leashes.