Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A sort-of crazy day

Yesterday, I had a very interesting day at the state park.  I had notified the boss that I was going to be off duty for a couple of days to take care of Power ( and because I had been working for 7 days straight).  He said that that was fine.  He had asked me to print some papers for him on my home printer, since the office printer was non functional ( no ink).  So the night before I dug out my printer from the closet and printed his papers.  When I delivered the papers to him, he informed me that he was leaving for Albuqurque to take the park boat to repairs.  

I told him I was headed to the vet a bit later, and started into my RV for a bit of housework and changing clothes for town.

I drove to town, stopped at a grocery store for tortillas, a gas station for fuel, and a dollar store for parmesan cheese, then to the vet.  At the vet, I waited in line to get Power, and read a Cat Fancy magazine while waiting.  The vet came out and spoke to me about Power, told me that he had three too deep to suture, one too small and of course one large one which he did suture.  He explained about the antibiotics ( twice a day for a week), the plastic collar to help prevent stitch chewing, and a return visit for suture removal in 14 days.  I thought I was all set to leave when my phone was the park ranger.  He was calling from his truck (on the way to Albuqurque).

 He asked my location and explained that a camper was at the visitor center needing assistance, and that he had gone to the ranger's home knocking on the door looking for help.  I was surprised, but said I would be back in about 45 minutes.
This gentleman, last year in my campsite, visiting Fluer.  He was the same fellow needing help now.

When I got back to the visitor center, I parked in the front of the office and waited for the camper to arrive.  Turned out that all he wanted was to get a yearly camping pass!  So I took him inside and we transacted the business.  I remember meeting him and his wife last year...nice folks.  

While I was working with him, the other ranger came inside and hung around.  After the visitor left, the second ranger explained to me that he had been a bit upset with the visitor, because the visitor had been to both ranger's residences looking for assistance, and had scared the wives and children.  He had instructed the gentleman not to go to their homes again.

Then the other camp volunteer arrived and told me his side of the story, and it was different again... the visitor/camper had also gone to his home(RV) looking for help, and the volunteer was not able to help him with this request.  He was also on his day off, was headed to the grocery store and did not know the process for selling the annual passes.

So it was kind of freaky how all these crazy ideas/plans/needs meshed into a bit of frustration and confusion for us all.   

However, I had a lovely visit with my friend Andrea whom I told you about yesterday and then went for a brief walk before dark to exercise both me and the hounds.

Last night, I got Power settled for the night with the collar on, and Hera was again so freaked out by the collar that she decided to sleep in the floor!  I left a light on in the living room so that I could occasionally look and see what they were up to.  Eventually, Hera decided the sofa was a better choice than the floor and moved!


  1. It's amazing to me how two people can have such difference perspectives on things. Definitely makes for confusion. Poor fur babies.

  2. Sounds like that chap was being rather over the top just for a pass. Surely he could have waited till the Rangers were back at the office.

    Hope Power does well and improves quickly. The girls and I are sending him positive healing thoughts.

    We send hugs to you all. Sue, Polly & Honey

  3. Seems to me it would be better for all if that park ranger let you take Power and Hera to work with you. Seems like you know as much about that place as he does. How's Power doing? I sure hope he's ok. That wound looks nasty.


Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.