Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Sunday, February 22, 2015

How do I do this?

This little wooden shelf is in my motorhome.  The wood edge is disconnected from the shelf itself at the right end(shown).




I tried glue, it didn't hold.  So I tried a small screw, and the wood split!  Then I remembered that my electric staple gun also used brads, so I decided to use that.  I found the package of brads, and worked on inserting them into the base of the staple gun, but there were no directions in the staple gun kit.  The bottom of the staple gun had the word "brad" along with an arrow, but I didn't know what that meant.  So I tried about four different ways to put the brads into the gun, and finally got one way to look usable, so I used the gun and it worked.  I put 3 brads into the wood.  The brads went into the wood  only about 3/4 of the way, so I got out my hammer and eased them all the way in.  So now I have this errand done!  Yippee!

7 comments:

  1. Crikey ...... I'm glad it worked. You're VERY clever at fixin' things, aye?? Good on you!!!!!!!
    Hazel you asked how long it took for us to get to the beach each day. We timed it this morning. It's a five minute drive and a 3 minute walk from the car park. It took us 10 minutes this morning from the time we sat in the car until our feet hit the sand. Pretty good. aye?? We are VERY lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie, thanks so much for timing your trip to the beach...I like to imagine you running flat out at the beach!

      Delete
  2. Well done for getting it sorted. Don't know if you can get it there, but there is a product called Gorilla Glue and it is fab.

    Hope you have a good week. Sue, Polly & Honey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, we have Gorilla glue also, but somehow it wasn't quite strong enough.

      Delete
  3. One thing about RVing, you're constantly repairing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, my RV is getting old and it is still very good, but you are right...the movement of the road travel does make things need repairs.

      Delete
  4. Glad you found something that worked. You are very inventive, I wouldn't have a clue.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.