Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

RV friends!

Dorothy called me a few weeks ago.  She was visiting in NM and wanted to drop by.  We had a lovely visit at Bluewater Lake State Park New Mexico, and then she went on to California to her high school reunion.  In the meantime I moved on the Quartzsite AZ and set up camp on the BLM land south of town.

Dorothy called again and was heading back to Texas and would be passing through Quartzsite, so she stopped again for a visit.  She came bearing gifts.
Quilt made by Dorothy and given to me.

 She brought walnuts from a tree at her brother-in-law's home.  He had run them through a shell cracker, had baked them for an hour, and so they were really easy to shell and the baking had killed any worms which might have infested them.  She brought dried plums, persimmons, and a large red onion.
What a guest!  Dorothy is fun all by herself, but now I will automatically think of her each time I eat some of her bounty or cover up with the quilt. .

The walnuts I finished shelling today.  I have about 1 gallon of shelled walnuts.  I put them in the freezer so I can use them as needed and they won't spoil.  It was very pleasant to sit outside, in the shade with a breeze blowing, and shell a quart every day.   

The plums are delicious and I'm enjoying them for breakfast every day.  

  

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! and food is always a wonderful gift. Glad you got to spend some time with a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.