Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Rough Legged Hawk

When driving the entrance road of City of Rocks State Park, I kept getting a glimpse of a hawk, but not a great look.

I spent several hours studying my hawk references, so that if I got a good look, I could figure out what the species is.

Finally, I got my chance! 


Rough Legged Hawk

This hawk had a lizard he was eating for lunch, so he sat on the pole while I got his photo!
Notice the feathers that come way down on the legs of this bird.  That is the basis of the name given him.
Such a regal being.


1 comment:

  1. I find it hard to get good photos of hawks. This one looks like he's wearing pantaloons, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.