Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cactus flowers

Several years ago I wanted house plants which were not poisonous to my cats, so began to collect cacti.

Below are a sampling of the ones blooming now.

This plant has a more green color, but pale white flowers!

Up close the beauty is more striking!


This group of three yellow blossoms is on one of the cacti living on my motorhome dash.



The first bud opened before the other two, and I thought that it would not last to look beautiful when the other two opened.  I was so glad to be wrong!
Cactus is about 1 1/2 in diameter, blossom is size of pencil eraser!

I've had this plant about 2 years, and it has hardly grown, but is healthy.



3 comments:

  1. Your cacti are beautiful! I only had one that I could ever get to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are soooo hard to get to bloom! Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother use to have load of Cacti. When they flower they are beautiful. Hope cats and dogs don't get too close and end up with a prickle in their nose.

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.