Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Mind of the Queen

As the years have gone by I have noticed something very special in each of my hounds.  The mind.  The minds of these wonderful and regal, and graceful, and loving beings are even more special than their other traits.  At least that is the way I see it.  What I see is an ingenious way of making life harmonious. (in their eyes)
I am in charge here!

For example, Fleur is a female who thinks that the world revolves around her. She will bark, growl, or even just push her way through a situation because this trait of hers lets her do this.  If a door is open, she assumes that she is supposed to be first of the hounds to go through the door!
Look, Val, that big bone is MINE.  You are not allowed to even LOOK AT IT!  Phoenix, you better not look either!
An example if this whole theory is that of our arrival back at the motorhome. I stop the car and gather up my purse and keys.  After getting out of the car, I must then open the rear door to get the dogs out.  As soon as I approach the back door, I can hear the commotion of Fleur insisting on getting Power out of her way and getting to the door first.  My way of dealing with these eager beavers, is to open the door and block the exit with my body until they (and I mean Fleur) cease being hyper.  Once they are calm, I grab their leashes and allow them to exit the car, one dog at a time.  Fleur gets out first.  I tried to make them take turns a while back but it was disastrous, since Fleur  flew over Power's body, and over my body and injured herself in her efforts to prove that she was the alpha.  Fairness means nothing to her!


4 comments:

  1. I have to side with Fleur on this. Us girls have to make it clear to the boys/Power that we are in charge:)

    I so want a second Greyhound, so I can watch the interactions between them.

    Hope the week ahead is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, of course Fleur is perfect, so she gets to do exactly what she wants. Luckily Power is a cool little boy who could care less about Fleur's perfectness. He's just happy. Their two personalities work together perfectly. Kind of like a 10 year old sister and a 4 year old bother. He's just happy to be there with her, doing her bidding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, everything is fair as long as the Queen goes first! There is an order to these things! lol

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.