Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Monday, February 24, 2014

Power flower or is it Flower Power?

When I adopted Fleur, her real name was flour (can you imagine?) so I changed one letter (to Fleur) because I wasn't going to go through life with a lovely greyhound with a really WIERD name.  Fleur has the happy coincidence of meaning "flower" in french, so if you get the drift, it all worked out to be Flower (one way or the other).


Fleur's lovely face

Now you can please wake up again, because it will not be another boring reason about naming my greyhound.!

However, I think that greyhounds have power, flower power!  Remember back in the 1960's and 1970's (for those of you who were fortunate enough to be around then) when the phrase "flower power" was seen on lots of hippy vehicles, buildings, clothing, etc!  I never spent much time thinking about it then, but now, I think about it nearly every day!


For instance, last summer, I decided to let Fleur and Power use the sofa so that I had more floor space open.  I went to the trouble of buying two sleeping bags to protect the sofa upholstery.  I made sure that the sleeping bags were a pleasing color so that my living room was attractive, and the zippers were all closed to keep the dog fur off the sofa upholstery.  Everything was working so well that I actually began to pat myself on the back for having such a good idea!



The the "flower power" started working, and the sleeping bag fabric began to look frayed on the bottom sleeping bag.  I also noticed Power licking on the sleeping bag fabric!?  What's that about?  I also noticed that the sleeping bag zippers were no longer zipped, and that the "flower" and the "power" were busily pulling the sleeping bag fabric off the sofa cushions and making themselves very comfortable on the sofa fabric!



They both seem to like showing their heads under a portion of the soft and silky sleeping bag fabric.  I never see them doing that with fleece or other fabric.

I believe that the pictures speak for themselves, don't you?


I noticed that we have a new follower, by the name of Melton Mitchell.  Welcome to you!

14 comments:

  1. I've come to the conclusion that whatever beds, pads, covers, etc., we put down for our fur babies they will always want to fluff them up, move them around and generally do their own thing, often with a lot of sighs and moaning :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to reluctantly agree, but am still thinking of sewing the sleeping bags closed and trying that for a while!

      Delete
  2. I don't know any French, so when you call her, is her name pronounced flower?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith, I do not pronounce it "flower" but the french pronunciation is one syllable only, and I cannot figure out a way to explain the sound!
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Why zip them closed? That reduces the area by half. Why not keep them unzipped and opened up? And then you could buy huge safety pins and pin the sleeping bags to the top, middle and bottom, sides, etc. of the couch and they wouldn't move. Or something like that. ??? That type of material on the bags is slippery, though, and they will easily move it around unless it's anchored somehow. Quite a conundrum. Love seeing the photos of the dogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they are zipped, they are wrapped all the way around a set of cushions. I did not put a sleeping bag on top of the cushions and leave it zipped!

      Delete
  4. Ha ha ha! This is one of my favorite posts of yours! It sounds like you have a pair of professional bed fluffers! Bunny can move blankets off the back of our couch and rearrange them wherever she wants them. It's hilarious to watch her, because she looks so determined while she's working on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that other dogs are doing the same. It makes me realize that I'm not a total failure!

      Delete
  5. I came home today to the comforter pulled off of the futon and they had pulled blankets out of the closet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they know how to open the closet door? We need videos of each others dogs in action!

      Delete
  6. The pups definitely get an A+ for persistence! They're very good sleepers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why not put the sofa cushions inside the sleeping bags and then zip them up?

    Been reading for a long time, just not usually a commenter :-)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Karen, and about the cushions... what you suggested is what I have been doing. These genius greyhounds have learned how to unzip the sleeping bags and make themselves comfy!

      Delete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.