Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Another new campsite!

In my second campsite, I was getting birds to come to my birdseed and water bowl, but it mostly was birds like house finches, white crowned sparrows, and doves.   No quail were coming to the area.  I was less than 100 yards from their home trees, but they would not venture out that far into the open.


White crowned sparrows, and house finches(red tinted birds)

So, a couple days ago, I again moved to another campsite.  This site is back down near the wash and the palo verde trees that the quail live in and under!

I was very surprised to see the dingbats moving my fence, swimming pool, and other outside stuff!  What a nice bunch!


So today, I was pleased to see a crissal thrasher, coming near the feeder, and saw a few quail coming out of the wash and thinking of coming over to my water and seed.  I didn't get a photo, so maybe another day!

9 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm missing the birds in my current site, but the TV reception is nice. When I was in that site, the one you're in right now, is when I saw the Roadrunner walk past so often. I got some good shots of him, and I'll bet he's still coming by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know about the roadrunner, Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I have quail come on my front lawn, usually after I've mowed it. Thankfully (so far) the dogs aren't interested in chasing them. I love seeing them. Unfortunately the feral cats in the area seem to be keeping the population down. Hope you get photos of them soon, I've got some of 'my' quail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please show your Quail!
      I don't have feral cats around, and my cat stays indoors!

      Delete
  3. Those House finches are lovely. We don't get them here (UK). We do have House Sparrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house sparrows were brought to the USA to help control other things, and because they has no natural predators, they soon exploded in their populations!

      Delete
  4. They are pretty little things, aren't they.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a good move! I bet you'll have pictures of them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get some brave quail to venture all the way to your feeder! What fun.

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.