Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Friday, November 15, 2013

Getting ready to travel again!

Today I was readying the motorhome for travel.  I raised and lowered the levelers, closed and opened the slideouts, cleaned the windshield, folded the hand rail, turned the switch for the steps, put away the water hose, the sewer hose, started picking up the dogs fencing, and the yard chairs.  I had a box of photos from my Dad's Marine days in the 1930's and had been sorting them and scanning them, so today I had to store them in a container that would preserve them safely.  In between these things, I was vacuuming, sorting mail, and going online to pay two bills. 

By late afternoon the dogs were fed up!  So I took them out for exercise and also stopped at the dumpster with trash.  The air is so cold on my hand (the one holding the leash), I'm going to have to locate my gloves!
Motorhome with slide in out position



Yard rugs, chairs, and fence.


Fleur says that it's all very tiring, and she needs a nap!
Today we accomplished a lot, and am glad that it's too late to do any more today!

Tomorrow I will pull out and drive to Albuquerque NM so that I can visit Camping World (they sell rv stuff) and camp in their parking lot overnight.

It feels good to be on the move again.

Power has been nervous about all the changes, and cannot decide if he should whine about his anxiety or lie down and sleep till it's over!

8 comments:

  1. You've been there a long time, I'll BET it feels good to be on the move again. The dogs have been in that environment for along time, too, so there will be lots of changes for them. But that's what this is all about, right? Adventures to come!!! Drive safe and enjoy the scenery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travelling. Where are you going after Camping world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, I'm going south along the Rio Grande River, first to Elephant Butte, then further south.

      Delete
  3. I can never get over how big the motorhomes are over there! They are small here in comparison. Hope you have a safe trip and looking forward to seeing your next campground.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that motorhomes here are larger than the general size in Europe and the UK. However, in this country, mine is small to medium size!
      Thanks for the comments!

      Delete
  4. I love a good road trip. Hopefully Power feels the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Power is a little nervous when we first start a leg of the trip, but calms down soon.

      Delete
  5. Where are you heading to? It sounds like a big job getting ready to go! I hope you have a safe trip!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.