Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Finagling fabric.

If you remember, I've been working on a plaid quilt called "Dad's Plaids"

I've been cutting the plaid shirts into strips for weeks.However, though I had the different shirt strips neatly folded and placed in plastic bags, I still could not find the different colors when I wanted to sew them together.



So this week I began to hang the strips on a clothes line.  Then I had to find a place to hang the clothesline so that they were accessible.

So I decided to hang the clothes lines on the dog fences!


So Yesterday the strips went on the clothes line.  Today the clothes lines went onto the dog fencing, and I put the sewing machine on my patio and began to sew more of the strips!
I'm hoping to get the strips sewn in the next weeks!

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing it as it progresses.

    Take care. Sue, Polly & Honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. Love the way you have your sewing machine outisde so you can catch the breeze and the sunshine.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey ..... I can't wait to see the finished product. You do your sewing outside???? How good is that?? Have the dogs been for any more runs????

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you can sew outside in February! I like the looks of all the shirts on the line/fence. Happy sewing! I hope you're finding it fun and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.