The plaid shirts that I have been buying at thrift shops have been cut into strips to go into this new quilt, called Dad's Plaids. Yesterday, I finally got out the sewing machine, set it up on the tiny table, and turned the driver's seat around, and got to work sewing the strips together for this new quilt. I was a bit worried that I would not get the strips sewn into a good pattern, but the pattern designer said to do a rotating pattern of light strips and dark strips. She said to use the spread of the hand, stretched out widely to determine the rotation of the colors.
The strips are sewn with a 1/4 inch seam allowance, so I set to work on the sewing.
I draped the sewn strips over the sewing machine for this photo, and in the photo you will be able to see that the strips are all different lengths and widths.
My dogs are lying on the sofa just adjacent to the sewing machine and the situation doesn't seem to scaring them at all!
They are enjoying a nap!