Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

THANKS TO EVERYONE

Today is the day before thanksgiving in the USA, and though other countries often have thanksgiving on other dates, we all understand the concept of having a special day to be thankful.

So besides being thankful to God for all lifes blessings, I want to say thanks to all of you for being so friendly and helpful throughout the last year since I started my blog.  I've learned from each of you, been sad when you lost a loved one, laughed my head off at some of the antics of our dogs, and in general had my life enhanced by all of you.

I especially want everyone to know how much I appreciate the advice from everyone who commented on Power's night craziness!  I used all the advice, and things are much better.  I've been leaving a night light on, and taking him outside on a leash at bedtime.  I've been trying to make sure he is really tired at bedtime.


Evening exercise


For the last week I was in transit between Bluewater Lake state Park, and my winter camping in Arizona.

I travelled south along the Rio Grande river, stopping at Elephant 'Butte Lake state Park for a couple of days.  My purpose there was to purchase an Apple Ipad Mini from my friend Andy.  He was getting a new one and was selling the older one.  Andy spent a couple hours teaching me how to use it, and he's a good teacher.

Then I traveled on furthur south and westward over to Deming, where I had doctor's appointments.  After a couple days there, I was ready to travel on into Arizona.  I stopped in Yuma for a few days, to visit friends, and during that time it rained on and on, and on.  But I did get to see my friends, except for one couple who I missed due to rain.  




Mountain behind our campsite.

One night at bedtime, Power got away from me when I was taking the hounds out for a potty stop.  He ( being a genuine greyhound) was happy to play " you can't catch me", and took off down the RV park roads!  I knew that I couldn't catch him on foot, so got the car, and drove around in the rv park till I saw him.  He looked like he was lost.  When He saw us he came running and he was unharmed, thank GOD!  He was full of energy and mischief probably due to being cooped up during the heavy rains.  So I was glad to try to wear him out before we went back into the motorhome.

So, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

12 comments:

  1. And Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Hazel. And to the Big Dogs, Fleur and Power. We sure do have a lot to be thankful for. Have a wonderful dinner with the Dingbats on Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recumbent bike you have there! you don't have any worries with the dogs pulling you over on that beast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased that bike for my Dad when he was about 90, so he couldn't fall over, and after he passed away at 94, I kept it to use myself. It is really safe with the dogs.

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
    Dip Bridge Elliot and Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see Power is improving with his night time antics :)

    It's a good feeling going around and reading everyone's Thanksgiving blog posts. We all have so much to be grateful for.

    Power is a bit of a lad isn't he :) Always up to mischief … although going off on his own is scary for you! Glad no harm was done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about getting a signal collar to keep him locateable in the dark.

      Delete
  5. I'll have to try a recumbent one day. So glad Power realized he didn't want to end up on a Lost Dog flyer, and came running back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you! :) We've loved getting to know you, Power and Fleur on the blog! Power sounds like quite a character. When I drop a leash, I run away from them, and usually they'll follow to see what I'm up to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have run away like you suggested, but he went behind some rv's and He couldn't see me, so I thought it was not a good move at that time!

      Delete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving. That bike (if it's called that) looks a fab way of exercising the hounds. What would be even better is if they pulled you:)

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.