Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Monday, September 23, 2013

Beads and Needles, part 4

Due to Fleur's recent neck injury, I won't be using a collar on her for weeks, so I can relax and get this fancy collar project done.

I posted about this beading project a few weeks ago, and was waiting for the collar and leash that I had ordered to arrive.

The collar did arrive this week, and I was so impressed with it that I didn't want to use it to mount the beaded collar onto.  The purchased collar had lovely ribbon sewed onto the webbing, and then the inside of the collar was lined with soft fleece.  It seemed such high quality, that I decided I wasn't going to ruin it.

So, I decided I had to find another plan.  I went to the local Walmart, and found a pink webbing collar, and a matching leash.  I decided to buy them and work with them.  The collar is not a martingale style, but I thought I could alter the pink collar to be a martingale.  After I got it home, I realized that I needed more hardware to make this plan work.  I spoke to the beading guru, Anita, showed her the pink collar, and she gave me some suggestions.
I went to a hardware store and got 2 (1 inch) d rings, and so now I am trying to get all my brain cells working to get this collar modified.


Beaded portion of collar, after sewing it to the pink webbing.  The two D rings I purchased at the hardware store.




I added a piece of fleece to the inner side of the beaded collar for softness, and sewed the 1 inch ribbon to the leash.



Fleece on inner side of the beaded collar




I sewed a piece of fleece on the inside of the leash hand loop



This ribbon was used to make the smaller loop which turns the collar to a Martingale.
After all these modifications and redoing, I now have the collar and leash finished and I think I will put it on Power to model it for you while Fleur is still healing.

I will take pictures of the collar and leash on the dog and show them tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. That nice soft fleece will feel good on her neck, and also on your hands when you're holding the leash. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.