Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Request



As you know I have been quilting for over a year, and am now on the actual quilting part of the restored quilt.  I have sewn the corners areas onto the quilt and am ready to quilt them.  I am hereby requesting suggestions on what style or pattern of quilting stitches to put in these 4 large corner areas.

If you look at the photo below, you will be able to see that the 3 inch binding all around the straight sides of the quilt are quilted in a straight line pattern with two lines 1/2 inch apart and at a 45 Degree angle, then skip one inch and repeat.

The same pattern is then repeated at the same but opposite 45 Degree angle.

Some part of my brain is thinking that I need a better idea for the large corner areas.  So I am needing your suggestions, everyone!

This final photo is of my German family and the RV they rented!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt, but have no idea about quilting, so can't make any suggestions.

    Now that's what I call a RV:)
    Hope you have had a lovely weekend. Sue, Polly & Honey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they originally planned to come, they rented a much smaller RV, but that company went out of business, so this is the smallest they could get!

      Delete
  2. Crikey Hazel ...... I can't help either and Mum couldn't sew anything to save herself. She sooooooo admires anyone, like you, that can do all that stuff.
    Wow ....... that RV looks amazing. You can rent something like that??????? Bet that costs an arm and a leg!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.