Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Monday, March 30, 2015

Bath day


The spring weather was lovely yesterday.  The feeling of wanting to do some "spring cleaning" hit me.  After house cleaning, I decided to bathe the greyhounds!  Cold water didn't appeal to my ideas, so I decided to use the outdoor faucet on my motorhome in the bathing process.

Image result for greyhound images clipart

Image result for greyhound images clipart

 I got out a dog shampoo which claims to be a cleaner, conditioner and detangler all-in-one.  While I was washing Power, I fastened Hera's leash to a fixture nearby, so that she could observe and hopefully get used to the idea (and not panic).


After finishing with Power, I took him to the camp shelter so that he could lie on the doggie blanket, and chew on his rawhide treat!
If I'd saved the pool, bathing would have been easier!

So, next was Hera's turn. After the bath, I thought about the drying off process, and decided to tie them for a bike walk so that they could bask in the sunshine, breeze, and not lie down in the sandy gravel.  So off we went for a brief walk, a "dry the dogs" walk.  These hounds were almost entirely dry by the time we got home.

As well, I had decided to hand wash the cog collars and leashes while getting the dogs clean, so they were soaking in a basin of hot water and detergent.  After soaking for a while, a bit of hand rubbing and much rinsing giving a lot of dirty rinse water, which gradually became clear as the third rinse was done.  Then the collars and leashes were hung to dry on the bike rack which rides on the rear of the car.

So, we have two clean dogs, two clean collars and two clean leashes!  As I said, it was bath day!

5 comments:

  1. After that chore, you probably needed a bath too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did Hera go? Did she panic? I always panic over a bath. I hate it! Did you have a bath too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet they enjoyed the bath. Some Greyhounds will almost swoon when being bathed as they love it so much.

    You take care. Sue, Polly & Honey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't think I've bathed my guys in a year. Guess it'll be time soon. Love how they dry so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy Hazel. Jeez, thank dawg we don't live with you. I, Rory, hate baths and mum has to give me a sponge bath cause I am a great big scardy cat, er, dog. Stella is not too bad but she has a bath in the laundry trough so can't get out hehehe. Hope you are all well. No worries, and slobbery love, Rory and Stella

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.