Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Trash pickup


We had a very good weekend and it turned out to be a peaceful time and a safe time.  Yipee!  Our lakeshore had many more folks than on a usual weekend, and every single campsite was filled, many by a very large group!




Our horses took off to get away from the people!


Now that the hoards of people have left, the trash pickup has begun.  Last evening, I went to the lakeshore and then filled a trashbag inside 30 minutes.  After that, I quit, because the trash pickup made my back hurt.

When people let their trash blow around and clutter the land, I think that they must have had a very different upbringing than I had!  When I still lived with my parents, we picked up trash on a regular basis!

When I lived in Texas, I was an adult but I still picked up trash along the country road where I lived.  Not one other person picked up trash, and many were the trash contributors!  Strange!

It never makes sense to me that people want to live among the trash!

10 comments:

  1. Disrespectful to others. I bet when they next came and the trash hadn't been picked up they'd be the first to moan about it.

    Hazel, You'll have to get one of those long handled grabbers.

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue the park does have long handled grabbers and I do use one. The problem is that this park is entirely mountainous and so it's up hill and downhill and through cacti, etc!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your long weekend went by without any dramas :) I take a LOT of photos at the beach and in the sand dunes and am constantly amazed at the various bits of rubbish that is in the photos. I often don't notice it as I'm watching the dogs. I wonder what their houses look like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Why would someone litter? They probably wouldn't do it if they had to pick it up! One of my nieces had some challenges during her teen years & she was 'required' to spend a day on a trash pick-up crew! She said it was a life-changing experience for her! She flew the straight & narrow after that & is a fantastic adult now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very interesting! We've had occasional "community service" teens here, and they haven't learned anything so far. They did a lousy job and etc!

      Delete
  4. Doesn't make sense to me either. I'm sorry you had to pick up after these people, but you are setting a good example in involving young people and engaging them to think about it. Garbage doesn't magically disappear!

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.