When checking out the website, I also noticed that they sold the patterns to make the dogs.http://www.etsy.com/shop/AerieDesigns
|Long narrow head partially finished|
I had not crocheted in many years, and was quite surprised that I could follow the instructions in the pattern. The dog starts appearing quickly.
|Body section after stuffing with polyfil|
When I started on the legs, I found that I had to know a little more than before, because the legs required a single crochet stitch and a half double crochet stitch, a slip stitch, and double crochet. I had never heard of a half double crochet stitch and had to look in my crochet instructions book to figure it out!
So far, I have ripped out the leg twice and started over, and am still having a bit of a mess, so I am thinking I need to consult with another person to get it done correctly.
I did consult with Anita https://sparemomentstitching.wordpress.com/
She got me straightened out and I was able to finish the first hind leg today.
The second hind leg is started!
Two weeks later... after starting this post.
In following the instructions I stuffed each section as I went, and so I ended up with one hind leg three inches longer than the other. I took the stuffing out and reinserted it, and came out with legs about the same length!
|Hind legs are sewed in place|
|Hind legs are too far back on the body, and will have to be redone! The toes are going backward as well.|
The first time around the neck came out way way too thin,
|Note the extra skinny neck!|
|See the extra skinny neck|
so I recrocheted the head and neck and finally got them in proportion. I realized I needed to put the eyes on so I pulled the stuffing out of the head and neck and placed the eyes where the pattern said to do so.
|Second crocheted head and neck, in better proportion, with eyes in place|
|The eyes seem way too large and a bit too low on the side of the head.|
|Front legs with toes going in the wrong direction, and the length is different.|