Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Monday, April 29, 2013

Learning about watermarks

learning about watermarks
Alligator Juniper bark
If you look at the bottom right of the photo above you see a copywrite mark.
I had been noticing many blogs inserting this in the photos, but didn't have any idea how to do it.  My friend Barbara(Me and my Dog) taught me how to do it using a free program for crafters called Serif Craft Artist.  It worked well, but later I heard her say that some people used Picasa to do it.  So I opened Picasa and read the helps on watermarks and it was actually easier to do with Picasa than with Serif Craft artist. Later I checked another photo program and it was Irfanview, and it also has an easy way to add the copywrite to a photo.
It was there all the time but I had not explored the programs so didn't know what it would do.

The picture above is of the bark on an Alligator Juniper.  I've always liked their bark so I used it in this illustration.


6 comments:

  1. Hazel, I am glad you did this post, as I had been wanting to know about this. I have a few questions if you don't mind. One, does this prevent anyone from copying your pictures? Can't they just photo copy over the copywrite? And three are you doing this to prevent someone from copying your pictures. OK enough, thanks for any answers you can give me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I'm glad you found a program that works for you. Since I don't like Picassa, I'm going to try the Irfanview program. I've heard of it, but never used it. If it's easier than CraftArtist, I might use that one. Although I've gotten so fast in CraftArtist it's really easy for me now. Not so much at first, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The texture on that bark is fantastic! When my photos started turning up on a free wallpapers website, I got a lot more invested in putting watermarks on my pictures! ;) If somebody is going to swipe a picture, they're at least going to have my watermark advertising the blog on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting tree.

    Will have to check out the watermark thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love playing with watermarks and photos:) I used to use Picasa. If you want to get really fancy you can try Gimp which is free. The bark on those trees are stunning. You see wonderful things on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wondering about the watermarks, too. One of the bloggers I follow had her entire blog stolen. I don't understand why someone would do such a thing.

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.