Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Monday, November 3, 2014

Memorial

After Fleur died I was frozen for a few days, then Hera came to us.  She was a good distraction, but I remembered Fleur frequently.  One day I was on my computer and came across a greyhound memorial, so I ordered it.  Yesterday was the day that it arrived!




I think it is a christmas tree decoration!  I like the greyhound's wings! Also notice that the hound is wearing a halo!  They put Fleur's name under the greyhound!

Fly high, Fleur, and remember to use that halo!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that! Do you mind me asking where you got it?

    After Treat died, several people sent us some really sweet gifts, but my favorite by far was a little keychain digital photo display that was loaded with pictures of Treat through the years. It was several weeks after she'd died and the waterworks started for me all over again. When Lilac died, we got this adorable little statue made to look like her that I just adore. I'm still trying to find something that has as much meaning and significance to me for Blueberry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gifts that you received when your pets passed away are very creative. The love you had/have for your pets is very precious!

      Delete
    2. Carrie, it took me a while but I figured out that I purchased it from ETSY!

      Delete
  2. Hazel, That's just perfect. The mother of a friend of mine makes up fabric hearts and puts the name on it. I have four hanging up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I have a few memorials for Jack. One of my friends said that she kept her dog's name tag and put it on her key ring and that way her dog is always with her. I did that with Jack's and now I feel like I carry him everywhere I go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of the tag on the keychain! Everyone's stories about pet memorials are so interesting and give me ideas!

      Delete
  4. That is so lovely Hazel. It will be a treasured keepsake you can look at every day and smile.
    Hugs, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.